Thank you, Agata Pokutycka (love that name) at Barktime blog for nominating russianmartini for the Liebster Award!! I am not sure what I am supposed to do at this point but apparently there are 11 questions I have to answer about myself, so here goes:
1. What is your favourite free time activity?
– Reading! Cooking is a close runner-up.
2. Do you have any role models?
– Anyone who is able to take a passion for something and become successful at it.
3. What would you prefer: book, theatre or a movie?
– Book, definitely.
4. Which 3 things would you take with you to Desert Island?
– Is there Wi-Fi on this island? Ha. Books, beer (for the vitamin B, of course), buckwheat. The three B’s I guess? Oh, also probably my glasses – kind of can’t get around without them. I would say I’d bring my husband but I don’t know if I want him to suffer on a Desert Island. Okay, that’s more than three things…
5. What makes you smile?
– Sunshine, flowers, my niece and nephew, old Russian movies, new clothes and accessories (recovering shopaholic here).
6. What would your perfect family event consist of?
– New Year’s Eve at my house (has never been done before – yet), with my sister’s family in town. And sparklers. Lots of sparklers.
7. What is your way of relaxing or do you have any special way to vent out?
– Reading, cooking, happy hour with friends, yoga, me-time (just being home alone to do whatever I want).
8. Which part of your daily routine couldn’t you live without?
– My morning coffee!!!!!!
9. If you could have any pet, what would it be?
– a tiger… I don’t think that’s legal, though. I have a small cat now, he’ll have to do 🙂
10. When was the last time you hand wrote something longer than a note?
– Just last week I was already in bed when I suddenly had some ideas for my book. Grabbed a note pad to write them down before I fell asleep and forgot!
11. Internet – miracle/ useful tool or a waste of time?
– Well, without the internet, there would be no blogging and no Liebster Award!! So I have to say it is useful… in moderation, of course.
I think now I have to find other small blogs to nominate, so… I have some research to do!!
P.S. Coming up soon: recipe for Ukha (Russian fish soup) and I try to re-vamp my blog appearance – stay tuned!